This is also called chronic illness care and acts in conjunction with the medical care you’re already receiving. The main focus of this care is on pain and symptom management.
- For persons who are seriously or chronically ill
- Not dependent on prognosis
- Medicare Part B billing (E/M – Evaluation Management)
- It’s a consultative professional service
- Focuses on pain and symptom management and medication reconciliation
- Includes discussions about goals of care like setting management
While hospice also focuses on managing symptoms and pain, this type of care is for people in the terminal phase of their lives. As such, it includes an interdisciplinary team approach to tend to the holistic needs of the patient and family.
- Dependent on a prognosis of six months or less to live
- Medicare benefit, Type A billing
- Includes an interdisciplinary approach
- For the family and patient
- Main focus is end-of-life care
Hospice Care Is
PATIENTS & FAMILIES